Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Biggest Adventure Yet!

Yesterday, mommy told me we were going on a fun adventure,
but I had no idea!




I guarded the luggage to make sure I didn't get left behind.

At the airport.
Still guarding the luggage and a little confused.
I had been thinking we might be going to the beach.





In the check-in line,
I was staring down two huge German Shepherds
(barked at them, too).











Tons of people came to see me and pet me, while we were waiting. 

Grandma wouldn't let them pick me up.
Thanks grandma! 

We all went to a wine bar for some lunch before we got on the plane.


I love grandma's lap the best.

WOW.  What a flight.  It was so LONG!

I was a little angel, though.
Not a peep from me the whole time.

And then we were in ITALY!

Here I am on the way to the hotel.
Still a little groggy, but getting excited.




Looking out the window. 
 We arrived at the St. Regis, finally.


Look how pretty!

I checked out the room . . .


. . . and I approve.



 It was time for a nap.




 Look!  I have a nice couch to sit on.
And see that dog in the painting?
He looks kind of like Dixon.


We all went for a walk around town.

Of course, Mommy knew where to stop to eat.





Cafe Corretto.

The waiters kept calling me "piccolino."
They loved me.


We sat on benches made of old pieces of column.





Look it's Trajan's Column!


Oooooh.



And the Wedding Cake.

The Trevi Fountain!
Beautiful.


I was getting more attention than this gorgeous fountain.

Two people came up to mommy and asked to take my picture.
Grandma thinks we should hang out there and charge money for a picture with me.
We would clean up!
I hopped right up onto the fountain to check it out.



What a day!

I like Rome.
I was prancing around like I own the place.
Great smells here, too.

Time to rest.  I am exhausted.


4 comments: