Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks on the National Mall!

 Mommy and I walked ALL THE WAY to the Capitol to watch the fireworks, last night.

We walked along the canal in Georgetown.




And by the river.
Mom knows I enjoy the scenic route.

  

 We sat down for a little rest next to the Kennedy Center.

Here I am walking by the Lincoln Memorial.



We took another little break on the way,
and I played in the grass.






I gave mommy some kisses while we waited for the sun to go down.


It was nice to relax after such a long walk and all the attention I got along the way.



I was just getting comfortable, when the fireworks started.
Those were pretty, and they didn't scare me, but somebody was firing cannons right behind us!
I didn't like that one bit.

2 comments:

  1. What a great day. I can't believe how much energy that little dog has.

    I'm glad I didn't know you were doing this. I would have been worried someone would steal her.

    (Miri's blog is solid proof that this is a beautiful and enjoyable city.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just don't know who is the more beautiful
    the woman or the dog!

    ReplyDelete